JOIN THE ORIGINAL EUROPEAN STROKE CONFERENCE
in the tradition of more than 25 years
Preliminary Programme online at www.eurostroke.eu
Dear colleagues and friends of the ESC,
On behalf of the programme committee, it is our great pleasure to present the preliminary programme for the 27th European Stroke Conference in Athens!
The ESC, as a forum for the presentation and discussion of new research, focusing on interdisciplinary aspects as well as current and future concepts of stroke mechanisms, prevention and treatment, has had a tradition of 27 years. We are emphasizing this by celebrating next year’s ESC in the capital of Greece – Athens, a historical city with an extremely rich tradition.
We are proud to welcome leading international speakers who will provide new aspects of stroke treatment, prevention and post stroke management. Further highlights are workshops, the European Stroke Research Foundation esrf lunch symposium, highlights sessions to present the best abstract contributions, and several controversy sessions. Take your chance and be part of that outstanding event by submitting your scientific contributions at www.eurostroke.eu until 11 December 2017. Again, the esrf will offer 100 travel grants and 10 investigatorawards for excellent submissions!
If you have any questions, please contact our PCO Conventus via email@example.com or +49 3641 3116-325.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Athens.
With best regards,
Michael G. Hennerici and Konstantinos Spengos
Abstract submission and online registration are available now!
Deadline 11 December 2017!
Please find important information about the 27. ESC in Athens:
Abstract Submission opened!
Abstract Submission Deadline: 11 December 2017
Late Breaking News Submission Deadline: 19 January 2018
Hot spot topics
• Intracerebral/subarachnoid haemorrhage, venous diseases and neurosurgery
• Small vessel stroke and white matter disease: neuropsychology and neuroimaging/new biomarkers
• Stroke prognosis and prevention modifi ed through age related and non-stroke or non-brain diseases including best medical treatment and personalised medicine
• Vascular surgery and cardio-interventions
• Large Clinical Trials and Ongoing Trials (RCTs),meta-analysis and reviews
• Etiology of stroke and risk factors – What is new or outdated?
– Experimental stroke research including genetics
– Miscellaneous (e.g. economics, metabolic disorders, stroke and oncology)
– Interesting and challenging cases – present your most fascinating case!
– Rehabilitation and reorganisation after stroke – experimental and clinical aspects
– Nursing and physiotherapy in acute and chronic stroke management
– Workshops with international experts – What is their experience?
– highest standards and world-wide hot news exclusively: the European Stroke Research Foundation esrf Symposium
– highlights Sessions and esrf awards/100 travel grants
– new interdisciplinary aspects of acute stroke treatment: neurosurgery, cardiology, interventionalists, ICU and SU neurologists
– new interdisciplinary aspects of stroke prevention and post-stroke management – epidemiology, immunology, personalised medicine, rehabilitation and local patient care, tele- and internet stroke care
– update of endovascular intervention, endovascular prevention and novel interventions to reduce atherogenesis
– update acute stroke management – clinical patterns and new concepts (hypothermia, neuroprotection, infl ammation etc.);
interventional treatment; prehospital management; stroke units and ICU
– update chronic stroke conditions
– update translational aspects of current and future concepts
– update statistics, design of trials and consensus papers
– Sense and nonsense of guidelines, impact of lobbyists
(e.g. pharma industry and regulation authorities)
– update and perspectives of vascular and brain imaging
Abstract submission and programme information
The submission of abstracts is possible online via www.eurostroke.eu until 11 December 2017.
Forms of Abstract Presentation
– Oral presentation (as usual presence on-site)
– e-Poster presentation (as usual presence on-site)
– Virtual e-Poster presentation (virtually on the internet – for authors who cannot attend in person)
Abstracts can be submitted for publication in Cerebrovascular Diseases by Karger Medical and Scientific Publishers (Impact
Factor 2.974). Award winners are invited to submit a manuscript for rapid publication about the topic submitted.
Further information can be found at www.eurostroke.eu and www.karger.com/CED.
Awards and Travel Grants
The European Stroke Research Foundation (esrf), a non-profit government controlled scientific foundation will grant 10 Young
Investigator Awards for Excellent Stroke Research as well as 100 Travel Grants for the highest ranked abstracts – amounting up to
50,000 EUR. Further information can be found at www.esrf.website.
– Plenary sessions and invited symposia with keynote speakers on hot topics of stroke management and research
– International stroke forum for presentation and discussion of original research in oral and electronic poster sessions
– Round table controversies – Workshops – Controversies
– Joint sessions with thematically related societies
– Expert rounds, teaching courses, highlight sessions
– Morning “stroke news” will provide take-home messages
Megaron, Athens Greece
The Megaron Athens International Centre itself is right in the heart of the city.